Oh hell, where'd June go? It was such a whirlwind of a month. Oh yeah, Happy Pride!
The month kicked off with WWDC (the Apple Developer conference) — I watched it from home. Despite not being an Apple Developer I love watching the keynote and hearing about what's coming. I'm pretty excited about the iOS 17 changes, no matter how minor they are. I did pop the beta onto my main phone and then reverted after a week or so — had a few hiccups that weren't worth it. But I'll be on the Public Beta I think — do you have any thoughts about the announcements from WWDC?
In keeping with the trend of nerdy announcements that I like to watch: Summer Game Fest was hot on the heels of WWDC. There's some pretty interesting news that came out of those announcements - I'm looking forward to Starfield, seeing more about Fable, and a handful of other games. Seems like we're getting out of our Covid funk as far as development goes.
After that big news, the rest of the month really just zipped by - here's a summary of some notable bits:
- We started looking into hiking trails in the area since Jana wants to go check them out. We'll probably start up sometime in July or August once she's done with school and can breathe again.
- We attended a birthday party for a friend's dog - and you know what there's something extra sweet about giving a pet a nice day like that.
- A new spot opened up down the street from us in Denver, called Burndown, and so far it seems pretty neat! There are a few more spots opening up around us and we're excited to check them out.
- We crafted a scepter for our annual Pride Games — and it was a shining shimmering beauty, complete with an orb of glittery vodka at the top.
- Pride was, once again, a great time for us. You can't go wrong with a weekend filled with love and spending time with great people. Thanks to those who helped us get here.
Favorite things this month:
- The cool new games coming our way
- That we're this much closer to Jana being done with her boot camp.
- Pride <3
- Nicer weather sprinkled in on rainy days. Denver is so lush and beautiful right now.